From Red Faction WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Tutorial: Custom Cutscenes|
|Editing Main Page||Written by: Helios & GTA, Edited by Trigger|
- Open Objects mode and create as many cutscene path nodes as are needed to move the camera you are working with in the manner you wish. (no less than 4)
- Create a Cutscene Camera (write down its UID). Place the camera in the direction you want it to point. If you don't it may look at somewhere stupid, but you can make the camera look at a unit, object etc.
- Place a Cutscene event. Event -> Level -> Cutscene (3rd down) SAVE just incase RED crashes.
- This is where the RED editor is likely to crash. First off rebuild your level. Then select the cutscene event that you just placed and do the following;
- Hit the HOME key. Hold ENTER (the numpad one to the right) until the game camera exits the level. This must be done in the freelook area. Then hold the 6 key (the numpad one to the right again) until you do a 360 (best to do a 380 or something to make sure).
- Simply hit Ctrl+P for the cutscene properties, if RED crashes repeat step 4. * dont close the properties box during the next steps *
- SAVE just in case. Select the camera path nodes in the order you want your camera to travel and then hit Edit Paths on the cutscene box. In the box that just popped up name the path "movie".
- Hit ok and click the ADD button, then fill in the fields. Add the cutscene camera UID, the amount of time for the camera to follow the path, the path name ("movie" in this case) and a UID for the camera to look at (this is not necessary).
- Now click Apply then Close.
- Now link a trigger to your cutscene and your ready to watch it.