Dash Faction Installation Guide
If you found this page, congratulations! This page applies to a version of Dash Faction that hasn't yet been released. For the time being, please reference Dash Faction Installation Instructions for Steam, and join the RF Community Discord: RF Community Discord
Dash Faction is Red Faction game modification designed to fix original game bugs, improve compatibility with modern hardware and software, extend functionality and improve graphics quality and engine performance.
- For more information on Dash Faction itself, please reference Dash Faction
- For more general help with Red Faction games, please reference redfaction.help
- Please join the Red Faction Community Discord! Everyone is welcome to join (and participate in biweekly organized RF game night events). Furthermore, the Discord is also the place to get support/assistance/answers for Dash Faction issues/questions, as well as general help with anything else related to the Red Faction series.
Step 1: Downloading the installer
Visit FactionFiles.com to download the latest version of Dash Faction (1.5.0).
Step 2: Running the installer
Depending on your Windows security settings and installed antivirus products, you may get prompts from Windows SmartScreen, User Account Control, and/or your desktop antivirus software to allow the Dash Faction installer to run.
- Click the options shown in the screenshot to the right if any of these Windows prompts appear.
- Given the large number of available desktop antivirus products, it would be impossible to detail how to allow the Dash Faction installer to run on each, should it be falsely detected as malware. If you run into such a problem, you will need to create an exception in your antivirus software to allow the Dash Faction installer to run.
NOTE: It is common for Windows and/or antivirus products to detect legitimate installers as suspicious/malicious, simply because they are new and/or not common among computer users. Although Dash Faction is completely safe to install and run, please remember it is open source software. If you do not trust the installer/application for any reason, you are free to review its source code and compile it yourself if you wish. You can browse Dash Faction's source code here: Dash Faction on GitHub